I thought it was high time for a recipe so I bring you the Simple Summer Salsa!
I rarely buy salsa anymore after realizing how easy (and delicious!) it is to make it. This literally took five minutes especially if you have a food processor. Use fresh and local cherry tomatoes when they start coming into the farmer’s market for your the best salsa!
I eat this simple salsa with eggs, burgers, and chips (those are brown rice chips made from tortillas in the photo below!). Enjoy and let me know if you make it!
Simple Summer Salsa
A simple and fresh salsa to enjoy all summer.
Author: Stephanie Fazio
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 1.5 cups
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of parsley or cilantro.
- ¼ of a red onion, coarsely chopped
- ½ of a jalapeno pepper, deseeded
- 1 tsp of cumin
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 1 – ½ lime, juiced
- Chop the red onion and jalapeno in the food processor to a fine a dice.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until desired consistency. I like mine a bit chunkier so I just pulse a few times.